Go a discovery tour
In the vicinity
Bad Westernkotten is a recognised spa resort offering a multitude of health and wellness services. The Kurhaus salinenparc has direct access to the spa park and is the ideal location from which to explore Bad Westernkotten.
Spa park and graduation towers
The Hotel Kurhaus Salinenparc is right at the edge of the scenic spa park which features a Kneipp facility, various Nordic walking trails, the saltwater thermal bath and a minigolf course. You can also take a walk to the two graduation towers and breathe in the invigorating salty air.
The spa centre in the spa park attracts regular visitors to its cultural events. It also features a sunny outdoor area, a reading room and library, a small souvenir shop and regularly changing exhibits for you to enjoy.
The saltwater thermal bath has a water area of more than 700m², sauna facilities, a wellness area, a sport centre, a therapy centre and a vitamin bar for your wellness experience. Guests can bathe in warm, 34°C thermal saltwater or visit the sauna facilities for the ultimate relaxation.
The spa promenade goes straight past the hotel and is the most beautiful way to get from the hotel to the centre of town where you will find small, cosy pubs, cafés and shops. Or take a walk along the Osterbach, which winds through the town centre. You can also purchase your daily necessities or visit restaurants within walking distance.
Muckenbruch recreational area
The Muckenbruch recreational area is a nature lover’s paradise. This low-lying moorland is home to various plant and animal species.The Muckenbruch is also where the popular Bad Westenkotten mud is sourced for use in mud baths and mud packs.
Explore your surroundings
The towns and villages situated within a 20-40 km radius of the spa also offer you numerous
opportunities for excursions. We are pleased to be able to offer rental bikes for a small fee.
- 250 km of waterways in Lippstadt, e.g. for a canoe tour on the river Lippe
- Numerous parks and green spaces, Lippstadt’s “Green Corner” (Grüner Winkel)
- Bathing lakes, such as the Albersee in close proximity
- Direct access to cycle paths and routes for walking and Nordic walking
- 5 minutes by car to Lippstadt – the Venice of Westphalia – with many shops and
- 30 minutes by car to the Möhne Reservoir: a paradise spread over 10 km
- 40 minutes by car to Paderborn: a cathedral city with over 1,200 years of history
- 60 minutes by car to the Sauerland: numerous opportunities for winter sports.